Warehouse opening is the first step in PMC’s plan to transform how custom integrators shop for, train on and plan their residential and commercial AV projects.
Pioneer Music Company (PMC) announces the opening of its new warehouse in Lenexa, Kan., conveniently located off the 435/I-35 intersection at 14915 West 106th Street. More than a hub for shipping and picking up A/V products, PMC’s flagship warehouse is designed to be a single, state-of-the-art experience center where integrators shop for, train on and plan their residential and commercial AV projects.
“Beyond brand and product selection, PMC is renowned for personal service and product knowledge. Our latest warehouse reflects our number one goal: to help custom integrators grow their businesses, which is why we designed it to be far more than a warehouse,” explains Alec Haight, PMC vice president.
Time is money for custom integrators. PMC’s Lenexa warehouse is set up for maximum speed and efficiency, offering features such as:
- The industry’s fastest will call with a paved drive that circles the warehouse and a drive-up door, so customers never have to put their vehicles in “park”
- A dedicated technical support department and assembly line station where equipment can be pre-programmed to help customers save time on their first step
- Access to the entire warehouse instead of a small showroom for a better overall shopping experience
- New, live-inventory portal at kiosks for instant, accurate stock availability
- Self-checkout stations to avoid waiting
PMC carries more than 15,000 audio and visual products from the top brands in the industry. In a field where technology rapidly advances, having knowledge of products and trends is how custom integrators grow their businesses and retain their commercial and/or residential clients. Staying current with new, cutting edge A/V equipment and trends is a full-time job in and of itself, and custom integrators do not have the luxury of excess time to be spent on research.
PMC includes several features in their new warehouse to meet custom integrators’ need for clear, relevant knowledge, such as:
- An experience center with dedicated office space where custom integrators can build/spec jobs with support from PMC’s highly trained staff
- A one-on-one workbench area with conference soundbar setup to allow PMC staff and customers to collaborate on any issue together, whether in person or via livestreaming
- A spacious, comfortable training room with a home theater setup, as well as conference technology that allows for more than 50 custom integrators to attend PMC-sponsored training on-site that is also broadcast across all locations
- Availability of a product showroom experience for custom integrators to invite their end customers to witness the possibilities, helping to close more jobs
PMC has four warehouses located in Kansas City, KS, St. Louis, MO, Omaha, NE, and Des Moines, IA. Despite the distance, PMC has added technology to deliver a cohesive, true PMC experience across all warehouses. Digital signage connected through video IP technology displays the same, pertinent information on 20 displays at all four locations.
Haight says, “Custom integrators can purchase audio and visual electronics just about anywhere. If we were just another distributor, a traditional warehouse would suffice. But, that’s not how we’ve done things in our 150-year history. This warehouse marks the first step in PMC’s five-year plan for revolutionizing how custom integrators experience audio/video product distribution in terms of selection, education and support.”
About Pioneer Music Company
Pioneer Music Company is an established family-owned and operated business that has been fulfilling the needs of Midwest dealers and integrators for nearly 150 years. Founded in 1869 as a hardware implements retailer, today it is a wholesale business-to-business provider of high-quality consumer electronics products. Pioneer Music Company has expanded to serve many other industries including residential and commercial AV, automation, network distribution, surveillance, installation accessories, and more. Visit https://pmcav.com/ for more information.