Expect All Growl and No Meow from Yamaha XDA-QS5400RK’s Four Independent Zones of Audio and Unique Features
We’ve extolled Yamaha’s ability to not disappoint us. As far as the home electronics market is concerned, Yamaha is well known as an innovator and its XDA-QS5400RK four-zone streamer is a shining example of creativity and its commercial A/V history.
Integrators, if you come across a project that screams for a rock-solid, multi-room streamer with Yamaha’s proprietary MusicCast whole-house audio platform, you have it in the XDA-QS5400RK.
This Yamaha 1U-high quad streamer (QS) is made for residential and light-commercial, multi-zone audio projects and features:
- Four independent zones of streaming audio through the MusicCast wireless whole-house audio platform
- Rack mountable
- Network connection via Ethernet
- Expandable to up to 32 zones with the capability to simultaneously playback linked groups of up to 20 of those zones
- Pandora, Spotify, SiriusXM Music for Business, TIDAL, Deezer, and SiriusXM Internet Radio built-in, as well as option to play locally stored, networked music
- Production of 50 watts into 8 ohms
- PA system integration thanks to input options for cut-ins
- An eight-channel amplifier with bridging capabilities and capable of driving 4-ohm loads is assignable to any zone
- Design that helps lower the amp’s noise floor
- Auxiliary inputs, line-level inputs, chime contact closures and 12-volt trigger outputs, IR inputs and outputs, and cut-in inputs
- Zone-specific subwoofer use support
- Voice control via Alexa
Paging Mr. Cool, Ding, Ding
Two unique features of the XDA-QS5400RK are:
- Cut-in input is a line-level input that can be used for paging in commercial projects and automatically prioritizes the connected source, making it easy to announce information
- Chime contact closure sounds a doorbell chime or alert from a common switch
It’s Got Some Weight to It
You and your customers will be impressed with the XDA-QS5400RK’s heft. At first glance and touch, it’s obvious Yamaha designed and built a quality product. No cheap, lightweight plastic here.
Fast-Forward Through Setup and Let’s Get to Performance
- Hook up speakers.
- Run the Ethernet cable.
- Plug in the XDA-QS5400RK.
- Scan network to find XDA-QS5400RK’s four IP addresses.
- Configure in the web GUIs.
- Download Yamaha’s companion app. (You can use photos on your phone to identify the zones.)
Now… performance! Whether streaming Apple Music via the built-in AirPlay or streaming a low-quality service like Pandora, the XDA-QS5400RK delivers CD-quality 44.1kHz levels. With Queen back on everyone’s radar, try playing “Bohemian Rhapsody” to hear the dynamic qualities.
Tie It All Together
Connect most any speaker, control most any source of music, and even combine with other Yamaha products like home theater products and you’ll see why Yamaha’s XDA-QS5400RK is all growl, no meow.